Sunday, July 28, 2002

Hello everybody!!! Can you believe I got to enter the lab during the weekend without the card!? (We have to usually buy this ten dollar card to enter the lab). Well, I did!!! Here`s a couple funny tidbits about the university here (or perhaps just Canada in general...)
There are lots of groundhogs here. They are like the squirrels at SMS. There is a little family of four that lives outside this window on my way to one of five different wings of my pavillon (residence hall building). They get fed by students every day. I walk by and they`re feasting on loaves of bread, cabbage, carrots; you name it. I stare in shock and wonder at the pieces of food dribbling from their rodent mouths....I`M hungry!!! I`M the one who needs food!!! Why are these people doing this! They are ruining the little groundhog`s natural environment or habits or whatever you wanna call it! Its just wrong. I have decided to take a nice photograph of the ADORABLE little groundhogs to show all my pals when I return from this strange country....

You know vending machines? Okay, well, that`s good. That`s a good basis for my next story. Alright, so there`s this vending machine in my dorm for ice cream thing-a-ma-jiggers. I went to it the other day and put in my money, pressed the buttons for my order, and voila!! This light turns on and you can see a mini freezer (similar to the ones you set on the floor in your garage) open up and a suction rod floats over to the section with your selection (like one of those toy claw machines at walmart), sinks down, the vacuum cleaner turns on and sucks up your food and then moves back to the front to drop it down on a nice, fuzzy pad at the bottom. But don`t get me wrong. This machine looks like something they would have come up with in the 50s. Its like, a makeshift vending machine. I swear someone put it together in their garage! Anyways, when that light came on and I got to see the dazzling way the vacuum transported my sweet, I laughed out loud.

I bought the Jimmy Eat World cd today and am loving it, of course. I have wanted it for a while but didn`t know if I wanted to spend my money on that and not somethin' else. Well, it was worth it. I`ve been wanting these tunes. Unfortunately there was no section with Christian, anglophone music, or else I would have searched for a Waterdeep cd. I also have been recently playing the guitar 'till my fingers feel like the little callouses that have formed are going to pop and blood is gonna spurt everywhere. Boy, did I just have a lot of trouble trying to type "everywhere"! Anyways, cool huh! (not that I can`t type, but that my fingers are gonna bleed).

God has been being good to me the past couple days, lettin' me know that I have people that love me. I got into it with my mom (about my relationship with God, as is the usual topic that ruins us) the other night and I hung up on her this time instead of her hangin' up on me. Nice. I felt worthless most of the night, cause I just know how wrong that was.

Okay, my Emperor`s New Groove quote of the day:
"My face! My beautiful face!!! waaa haa haa, llaaaama face!!"

your french lesson for today?
uriner-to urinate
as in...."Votre chien viens d'uriner sur mon sac-a-dos!!!"
"Your dog just urinated on my back pack!!!"
Au revoir, folks

No comments: