Friday, August 02, 2002

On Wednesday I took a picture of the concrete slabs. I had to keep stopping mid-picture, because people kept walking by, and I didn`t want anyone knowing what I was doing, since it is a SECRET investigation. They would have gotten suspicious seeing me standing there trying to photograph the phenomenon, I`m sure, and reported it to their authorities. I know this site is being watched; otherwise, why would it have a fence surrounding it!

Yesterday Lacy told me about another phenomenon: that of the Canadians`apparent animosity towards the United States. There are, of course, different ways of saying things in the English language depending on which country you go to. Well, the other day one of her friends was talking to her, telling her how long he has been studying French. "Since grade 8," he said, "which would be 8TH GRADE, to you, but WE don`t say it like THAT." Lacy said that she was very confused: grade 8? That works the same as 8th grade. Apparently they don`t know that. Another example: she and a partner, while researching a project on the internet, found an article talking about Canada`s recent victories at the Olympics in hockey. The article stated:"Canada wins the gold in the Olympics, beating the Czechs. Canada also be the U.S. 5-2." "Uh, whats the point of that last little bit, it doesn`t seem to belong there?" she wondered out loud. Her friend answered something like,"Cause its a big deal. We beat the U.S.!"
Okay........

Emperor`s New Groove quote of the day:
"The peasant! At the diner!..........he didn`t pay his check............................."--Kronk

No comments: