Friday, July 26, 2002

Whassup homie g funks? Well, if some of you figured out that the website I gave you doesn`t have a period at the end in the address, congratulations! I didn`t realize that might confuse some people but GJ gave me the heads up.

Yesterday I had a 'bon journee!!!' I made a new friend; her name is Ann and she is 'ma partenaire' for my oral expression class. We went to this park called the 'Plains of Abraham' where some battles were fought for Quebec City and we have to do a fifteen minute presentation on it in a couple of weeks. So we basically got a bunch of brochures and tried our best to talk in French most of the time. I haven`t spoken that much French to anyone at one time since I got here!!! It was freakin hard. Anyways, I got to try "poutine," this Canadian dish which consists of fries, cheese chunks, and brown gravy. It's good. Then I went to this awesome place called "Tutto Gelatto" which features super, awesome, many-coloured Italian ice cream. I have been there I think five times now? Yup it's that good. I had gooseberry ice cream and (not with, AND) chocolate chip (the plainest flavor I have gotten so far). Other 'saveurs' I`ve tried? Blueberry, black currant, black cherry, sour cherry, honey milk, lemon, pistachio, white chocolate with "noisettes" (still don`t know exactly what they are but some sort of nut). Mmmmhmmm, you guys are missin out.

Here`s something amazing and interesting! I have actually been reading the Bible everday for about a week now, and lots of it at a time! It is so interesting when you actually read it like it really happened and like it's a true story! (Which is, you know, probably the point) Anyways, I read through Acts in like 3 days and I really enjoy it. Hmmm, strange what God can change within us, huh? But I am still very scared about this coming semester. I am going to be a small group leader (I hope) and that is no small task. I don`t feel like the right person for the job. It is a big responsibility and I don`t know that I consider myself to be a very responsible person. I don`t know. Everyone tells me that no one ever feels ready for something like that soo.....

I watched a cartoon movie in French today, it was entitled "Kirikou et la sorci¨¨re." It was about this little baby African boy who saves his village from this evil sorceress who is trying to control it. It rocked! I really liked it. For most of the movie there`s this little baby running around at the speed of light and yelling up at all the tall people, in French,"Je suis Kirikou!!! N'allez pas dans la bateau!! C'est du la sorci¨¨re!!! N'allez pas dans l'arbre!!!" ("I am Kirikou! Don`t go in the boat! It`s from the sorcerer! Don`t go in the tree!(also a trap from the sorceress)") The first thing he says is at the beginning of the movie when his mom is pregnant with him. He shouts at her from within her belly, "Enchante-moi!!!" (Deliver me!) She then says to him,"If you can talk when you are in the womb, you can deliver yourself," and then he just crawls out! Hilarious.

Anyways, I need to take more pics of this place. There are things all over campus that I don`t know what they are for, and I want some pics so maybe when I get home I can figure it out with my friends. Maybe not. For example, next to my classroom building there is a tall building that looks like a big silo. okay?

Emperor`s New Groove dialogue of the day:
Kuzco-"He seems....nice."
Izma-"He..., he is."
Kuzco-"What is he, in his late twenties?"
Izma-"I`m.......not sure."

No comments: