Sunday, July 13, 2003

"Aaron have you ever had a feeling in your chest
that made you just want be free?"
it was a warm afternoon when she asked him this
as they sat on the shore by the sea.
Aaron just tugged at his hair and he took
a very long time to reply;
and by the time that he spoke, she'd forgotten she'd asked
it was lost in the clouds in the sky

He said, "Kelly I don't think I've ever wanted as much
to be free as I long to be known,
and of the things that I hate when I look at my life
the worst is my being alone."

Of all the things known that he could've spoken that day
he chose one from deep down inside
Without intending her to, he caused her to confess
her false confidence and how she had lied

She said,"Aaron I don't think I've ever wanted as much
to be free as I long to be known,
and of the things that I hate when I look at my life
the worst is my being alone."

And as they headed home neither of them could speak a word
And they held their own spirits to blame
But at the pulse of the wave they both turned around...
thinking someone was calling their name...

Oh someone was calling their name...

~The Worst is My Being Alone by Waterdeep

No comments: