Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Man, I feel poopy. I don't want to go to work for a half-day, but I feel like I should. But first...I dunno. I think I should rest, but I want to iron all my stupid clothes and wash the stupid clothes that shouldn't have gotten dirty yesterday but did, and put my other clothes away that will inevitably end up on the floor again in a week or two and mebbe sweep the floor, then shower, look clean and maybe a little awake, and walk over there. Or take the bus. Either one really.
I am excited about my church. I love it! I actually am a member now, bought my first sermon on cd (it's a great salvation message for someone special), and am getting involved as much as I can with the Benevolence "Constructors in Action" ministry...even though I have not an ounce of "constructor" in me. I just wanna help with fixing up stuff, and eventually the extreme home makeover we're gonna do this summer. I am happy too cause I am the youngest girl and only girl my age in the whole group. A guy from my Sunday School class is gonna try to be in it too, who's my age; but besides us, everyone is 30 and up. Mostly middle-aged handymen. I don't care! Maybe they can teach me something besides how to hammer nails (although I can't even do that right half the time.) We had this volunteer 'rally' on Sunday night and hung out in the atrium; unfortunately, Logan and I don't really know anyone except for the 'famous' people in the church-- you know, the pastors?-- and so we sat there and smiled anyways,watching the love. And drank some yummy coffee, although it was evil Starbucks coffee. Then we went home and I think that night we pigged out on ice cream...no, that was Saturday night. We also watched Mars Attacks. Which was pretty funny and also creeped me out a lot, as a matter of fact. Gosh, I can't get enough of this Mae cd. It's so HAPPY! I can't stop smiling when I listen to it. It makes me want to buy it for people I love so that they can love it too. I think my favorite songs right now are "Anything" and "Someone Else's Arms." I feel like the little guy in the drawing next to the "Anything" lyrics when I hear it. Man, it really is spring. It's so great. I missed the last two "springs" in Springfiel-- in '03 and '02 it was like, a day of spring and then !BAM!--Summer. Blech! NO! Spring. Spring is better. And there's no better book to read at the outset of Spring than The Secret Garden. I read that a few weeks ago. In other news, I need to get back into my guitar groove. I have been slacking off with practicing for over a year, so I've made very little progress. But, Sunday night I played this song that I couldn't play a year and a half ago because my fingers were too stupid to do it. My pinky has become much smarter! It's an exciting thing. I think maybe I will take a lesson or two this summer--maybe it's about time I did. I don't know how to teach myself more. I want to get into theory so I can write songs better. I hate that. I wish I was given the gift of songwriting to go with writing poetry. Oh well. God has bestowed that upon others. Sometimes I feel like Soliare on Amadeus with my jealousy of others skills---NOT! That guy is psychotic in that movie. Nah, I am just a little envious. And plus, I'm a little psychotic myself anyways. But not in that area. Oh no.
Please pray that we get the house on the 'wrong' side of the tracks....please! Please pray for my roommates to get awesome jobs so that they can call the landlord and be like "We have jobs now!" and he can be like,"Oh, then I want you to be my renters!" Pray for our favor. Me, Dana, and Courtney. Oh, how we want to live there! What a great sanctuary of a home that would be. Au revoir!

No comments: