Doo do doooo....okay, you're in for a much shorter blog. (hold the applause.) I found something yesterday that I decided I wanted to share because it lifted my spirits. It's an email I got from my freshman year small group leader, Rhia.
"Hey girl, I was just thinking about you and wanted you to know that there is something very beautiful about being still and knowing that He is God. Let your anxious soul stop for just a minute, and know he is God. He is in control of your life, He has chosen you first, if you feel Him or not He is still God and still has immense love for you. Take a walk this afternoon if possible! Thank Him for the ways He has blessed you (the Pell Grant is awesome) and just ask Him to help you be still and know He is God--He is in control. Ask God for a strategy, a schedule on how to get going again. Ask Him for the desire and the discipline. I've had to do this over and over again. He is gracious!
Love you,
Rhia"
Isn't that great? I also wanted to share an excerpt from one of my favorite books, "God.com," by James Alexander Langteaux, that I finished re-reading for, uh, lets see, the fourth time today, that really hit home:
"Until now, I have lived like a reactionary. I have not liked televangelists, religion, and most churches where I've been. As much as I think I don't, I still make great distinctions between us and them. I don't act; I react, and I certainly don't revolutionize. But the simple truth is this: Jesus Christ was and is the greatest revolutionary who ever lived. His life and all that He embodied opposed a system that enslaves. He worked for the good of the people, and His life He freely gave.
He is asking us to do the same."
Coo, huh? A bit reminiscent of the Matrix, wouldn't you say? Which I just HAPPEN to be seeing in a week!!!! YES!!! I think I am gonna quote that movie up until it comes out instead of Emperor's New Groove to honor the sequel. he he. So here ya are, some quotes:
"Had I known that she got out of class at the same time I did, I would have eaten her every day this semester!!!"~Kristin at dinner last night
"Yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules. Because of that, they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be."~Morpheus
Wednesday, May 07, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment