Sunday, November 17, 2002

Woah....I totally went wakeboarding today, November 17th. Am I crazy or what? It was so fun though! I met my goal of going toeside out of the wake. Some of you may know what that means, some of you may not. I've had a very eye-opening weekend. God's revealed a lot of things to me and really spoken to me, just spoken His promises deep into my heart, and I've heard them like I've never heard 'em before this time. I believe Him now. I see it in my life. I see these things happening because of Him and through Him; things I never expected or never would have seen before. It can only be explained by putting God in the picture. I'm just in awe. He has taken so many things I clung to away from me this semester, to the point where I am truly forced to rely on Him. It is definitely hard, but I know that He does it cause He loves me. I can only really depend on Him anyways. Ya wanna know some of the things He's said? Well......
He's promised that He has the ONE for me, someone who will fit me just right. He's promised I need not worry about that. He's promised that I will be taken care of financially. He's promised that He will take care of my small group. He's promised to help my friends I care so deeply about, that it's not all up to me. He's told me that I have worth whether or not the guy I like likes me back. He's told me I have worth whether or not ANY guy EVER likes me AGAIN!!! :) (yes, this is a problem for many Christian girls to believe, I believe.) And He's whispered things to my heart in the middle of nights so lonely words that I could never utter here or anywhere else and which I would not know how to anyways. He's given me the most strange but utmost comfort. His love is unlike any other.

I was upset this weekend mainly cause I realized something pretty important about the guy I like that changes things up quite a bit, something I didn't really expect, and because I feel so burdened for my girl friends. Ones who don't know Jesus and who I want to help but don't know WHAT THE HECK I'm supposed to do and girls who do know Him but are struggling and hurting deeply just the same because they are listening to all the CRAP the enemy tells them about themselves and the world and believe it without even knowing they're being lied to. It's just not right and someone's gotta do something about it. ARGH!!!!!

Here's a holla out to my homie Mandy MOo! You are keepin' me strong by living the way you are and because of all the things you've helped teach me and taught me in the past, I've got a solid ground to stand on. The stuff we've been through has built me a good foundation and I thank you for having the guts to tell me your mind. A holla out to Lacy for doing the same--you have a beautifully open mind and spirit, and I miss you. To Mel as well, you don't know how much you've done for me. You're the one who brought me to my best friend by being one of mine.

Wakeboarding, ahh......what shall I say? I went third or fourth, can't remember, and wore Kristin's cool wet suit. I started off the dock and then took a "kerplunk" pretty quick-like. Kristin was like,"Remember to breathe when you hit the water." I'm like,"okay??" Yeah. When I hit the water, my body had a reaction that I never would've expected. It froze up! I couldn't breathe! I was tryin and nothin' was comin' in!!! Finally I calmed my whole self down and said,"Self, calm down now, ya hear?" (that was for you Kristin! he he) I fell many times but accomplished my goal I mentioned before. I got to see some AWESOME boarders though, they were just amazing. Our friend Jake took about five or six HORRID falls. Kristin cleared the wake on her jump!! It was pretty sweet. This girl is a stud, lemme tell you. After we ate and came home, I took her to see a dance concert. I loved it but she didn't like it much. It was so cool, I finally go to see this classic dance I've wanted to see for a long time. I even dressed up.

I went to Petra Rock Climing Gym on Thursday to talk to the manager about doing my practicuum there. I think it might work out. I have to work 90 hours at a place in my field and stuff. I think it will be fun!!!

"Hey, and don't let that bird crap on you!"~Thomas on the boat today, after givin' some pointers to one of the guys boarding

Emperor's New Groove quote of the day:
"....make my potatoes a salad..."~Kuzco and Yzma, at the SAME TIME!

No comments: