AHHHH.....................the feeling I have been having the last two days........is sweetness. I have been missing Scotland and London and listening to Coldplay like no other. I even figured out how to play, "See you Soon," in a different tuning. I don't know how to do that but I made myself try and I figured it out. It was in E A E A C# e tuning. Pretty cool. Then I broke my D string. Good job. So I was walkin' around today listenin' to Coldplay, watching the leaves churning in the air and listening to their rustling and smiling cause I felt God walking right with me. He really made a beautiful world. I listened to my "Best of Beth" cd that MOo made me yesterday, featuring Coldplay (of course), Dashboard, Ben Harper, Jimmy, Gin Blossoms, David Gray, and Yo La Tenga (I think?), along with that fabulous "Wonderwall" by Oasis. She put on the cd "Mmmmmmm....good guitar for those rainy days." Yesterday wasn't particularly rainy, but I knew what she meant. I got in my melancholy mood cause of the music. It makes me feel like London. It's cloudy, rainy, mellow. In Britain, it feels like you're at the edge of the world. It feels like all these people are running around like mad in endless, meaningless cycles that will never end and show no hope. There's a feeling of being right at the brink of some new phase of humanity that will still not satisfy the world's needs. A feeling of drudgery. I don't know how else to describe it. Saying it like that may make it sound like I don't like London. Well, I do. Have you ever seen that video by The Verve for "Bittersweet Symphony" and the guy's walking around some city, just singing into the camera and not looking where he's going and he runs into all these random people.....or that Coldplay video, Yellow, where he just is walking on a cloudy beach singing at ya. Well, it's the mood that runs through those scenes that runs through the UK. But, for some reason, I really liked it. I enjoy that feeling of solitude and wonderment. But, I musn't let myself get too carried away, because I need that sunshiney-ness that seems to run through the rest of the world. See, when I think about Australia, I don't get that feeling. When I think of Spain or South America, that mood doesn't prevail. The UK has a strong uniqueness. So if any of my Scottish lassies are readin' this, you live in a cool place. But I wouldn't want to feel that way all the time. Britain needs Jesus just as much if not more than any other place. There's something sad in the fact that it used to be such a Christian country and now the faith is dead and the religion of it all is alive and well and not helping anyone's soul. hmmmmm..........
Speaking of Scotland, I had a dream about it the other night. I was talkin' to a bunch of Scottish kids, just hanging out, and then *flash* I was in a classroom in front, talkin' to all these kids about how I was gonna miss 'em and telling them that they had no clue how much they meant to me and how much I loved 'em. ??????
God is making me fly.......I need to not get carried away and stay grounded. There's battles a' plenty to be fought.
"......and then I ate all of his mashed potatoes..."~Heather at work
Emperor's New Groove quote of the day:
"No, I don't think I will...."~Kuzco on the bridge in a REALLY sarcastic voice
Thursday, November 21, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment