Friday, September 30, 2005

So, MOo is the one who put this new layout up--she's also the designer of the other one. I hope you guys like it--I feel kind of funny having my picture there, but oh well. It still rocks!
Yeah, so Mandy Moo is the hero of the day, no wait--the hero of the entire like, last month or so--to borrow a phrase from Kim. She is constantly willing to listen and give me her thoughts on things, and back it up with the Word. She's incredible and always speaks so much into my life, and so much encouragement. I love you girl--thank you. I thank God for you.
And also, the Word is like, the hero of the year for me. If that makes any sense at all. It truly is a double-edged sword, revealing the true nature of our hearts--good and bad.
Why is it so hard to cling to God? I also have been thinking lately about my recent 'ability' (more like a gift) to do some things I've tried to do in the past that I care about consistently. Where does that come from? I was riding my bike home the other night pondering this. I have alway struggled with procrastination and lack of motivation, and I have a lot of friends who deal with this too. Then I have these people in my life who have this incredible discipline, and I am in awe of them and the well that seems to bubble up from inside of them.

It's like I have every tool available to me to better myself (or rather, have God better me--which I think is the clue to this whole thing, just wait) but I don't know how one gets to the place where he or she uses those tools, gets up and just goes for it! But lately, somehow, I've been able to and I don't get it. And I'm pleading with God to keep me here and moving forward. What did I do? Do we really do something, or does God give us the gift? And if so, how do we get that gift? Is it enough to ask for it, or do we have to do something--though this act itself is not what changes us--to put ourselves in a place where God can change us; in effect, do something that puts us in a position that shows God that we are seeking him? In essence giving Him permission to do so? I think that's the key. I also think that we have to ask ourselves what we really believe about the Word, too--like,"Do I really believe that the Word is living and active? Do I really believe that it can change my life?" Because if we don't believe it, then why make it a priority to read it? My best solution for me was to ask myself that question, and then when I saw what my true, honest answer was deep in my heart, I kind of got kicked in the butt and realized I had to do something to change it. I had to do something to seek God--I had to seek God. And He says in His word that we can seek Him and find Him in and through His word. Okay--woah. That's heavy stuff. But it's been doing me a lot of good.

By the way--somehow, I did finish that 8k--I didn't die of hip-joint pain or even just die! I actually really enjoyed it--it was good to race with people and volunteers who are my co-workers and friends supporting me along the way. I've recieved lots of encouraging, affirming words from them since the race too. Wow! I didn't really do that good at all, but it's so awesome to have people tell you you did well anyways! It made me realize how much encouragement can do for people. Such a small thing--yet, now I want to do more of them! It made me think how much encouragement in our faith could do--and motivates me to do my part better. Thanks Ward Y! I love you!!! this is long...

No comments: