So...I just saw baby Dana Marie the last two days, Glen and Paula's new addition to the Davis family. Man, is she cute. And man, did I get some good pictures, especially the ones I took this morning of Glen talking all sophisticated-like, as he does, about very interesting things, as always, while holding her in front of him, looking like a little baby-faced contributor to the conversation. Very cute. It was just too short. Always too short. But maybe someday, it won't be too short of a time with them. They are so dear to me and have been such a huge influence on me throughout my Christian walk, teaching me all of the most important lessons in one's life as a Christian. They are awesome, and I hope that someday I am rich just so I can give them and Joe and Jayne tons of money for their ministries. That'd be cool. Otherwise, I will just be poor cause I will be in ministry myself. He he. But not poor in spirit! Or maybe, I will want to be, cause the poor in spirit will be blessed, and hey! that's kinda fun to be blessed.
So the story is I went to Lake Tahoe to meet up with Glen and Paula and some other campus ministers and Chi Alpha heads, just a few, to hang out and relax and talk. We stayed at a very nice lodge sorta place, right on the lake, and I finished Lord of the Rings for the third time yesterday sitting by the lake's crystal clear waters. Yeah, I cried again at the end. I'm a sap. I am becoming more and more into it as I go. One of the things I feel strongest about, though, is that I want to start painting and drawing scenes from the books one of these days. Like, take my time and make something awesome that I read about in the books. I want to begin with a thorough map of Middle-Earth, that I can make really big so that when I read it again (and again) I can just look up and see where it is, instead of fishing around through the small (but still wonderful) multiple maps in the back of the book. That would be great. Okay, well, now I am going to finish watching the Return of the King, which I rented on Sunday.
p.s. the kingdom of Heaven is awesome!!!
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm-Okay, there are two "Anonymous" people, so maybe you figured out the one who wrote the long interpretation of your blog-that wasn't me. I wrote the stupid random comment about lettuce. I just misunderstood your message, that's all. Anyway, just thought I'd clear that up. Maybe you do know one of us, but there are two! :)
Post a Comment