I was just at Blockbuster dropping off LOTR 3 when I saw the latest Rolling Stone cover, and I realized that I have an announcement to make:
Rolling Stone and MTV and all other like entertainment providers, I am SO over you. You're like my ex-boyfriend who, after we broke up, manipulated me into thinking that continuing an affair would satisfy me or bring me commitment. The entertainment you value is unoriginal, overtly and almost constantly sexual, and more like sloppy 22nds than anything satisfying. You are overused and old, and recycle just about everything several times before you declare it 'uncool,' only to resurrect it two years later. You plant an unattainable goal of what you call "beauty" in all of your audiences souls, and provide nothing to abate it. I hate your not-so-subtle political over/undertones (always far left) and 'greater than thou' attitude. I am on a mission to get all of my friends who are still messing around with you cause it seems like it will be fun to wake up and just end the relationship. Your entertainment is driven by lust, and lust NEVER satisfies. You fuel stereotypes and our idolatry of actors and musicians and even athletes. You make me sick and before I cut off my ties with you, I had to experience days of apathy and sickness after viewing your entertainment to help me see that you fed me poison. You are disgusting and I pray that more and more people in America realize that you are part of the real-life matrix in this world.
Saturday, August 21, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm begging you to get an Atom or RSS feed set up on your site--please!
Info at http://help.blogger.com/bin/topic.py?topic=36
Post a Comment