Sunday, October 19, 2003

So...I had a dream that oranges were disappearing from the earth, that we would soon run out of them and no longer be able to have orange juice...and I didn't know that I could HANDLE that!!! I don't like eating oranges, but orange juice is one of my favorite drinks in the whole world!!!

Guess what doofy thing happened tonight!? Okay, so I have a class that everyone just calls "Tobo." "Tobo" is a fake Missouri town for which we, as a class, will plan and coordinate all recreation activities. We are beginning it tomorrow, but one of our first assignments was to turn in our resume and cover letter to apply for the Director's position. NO ONE wants this position. It means that you are in charge of everyone in Tobo, writing job descriptions, etc. But tonight, we had interviews with the city manager (of Springfield), another woman whose name I cannot recall, and one of my new teachers. They were to be interviewing three people that they picked from our cover letters and resumes to be the director of Tobo. So we were all supposed to dress up for this tonight and the interviews were to start at seven. I COMPLETELY misunderstood and thought that the three people who were going to be picked and interviewed (while the rest of us watched) would be told beforehand and dress up, while all of us watched. No. Wrong. Completely wrong. So I rush upstairs in the Student Union at 7 wearing my biking gear from mountain biking today, with mud still on my legs, and EVERYONE is dress up, wearing suits, because we HAVE NOT been informed as to who was to be interviewed. NO! We were going to find out at 7:15 and then begin interviewing in front of the class. I went and talked to my teacher beforehand and told him that I misunderstood, and he said if I was picked that I could go last and run home (wonderful Kaylan let me borrow his car! {Honda Civic, my favorite!}) and GUESS WHAT!!!!!!! I was actually picked!! What? What? Oh mi gosh!!! So I grabbed Kaylan's keys and rushed home and ironed my pants and shirt and took a half-shower and brushed my hair and drove back all in about 30 minutes, and interviewed last. What the heck. But...one of the other two people got picked. Yay. Relief. But what is the deal? I can't BELIEVE they picked me. I think about everyone was stunned at my stupidity. I don't blame them. Nope, not one bit.

No comments: