I just got back from an amazing four days up in Chicago at Moo's wedding. Wow! It was sooooo fun. Chicago...I just love it so much. It's prally the only big city I would/could live in. It just has this...thing to it. I dunno. I just know that I love love love it there. Every time I go I am just like,"Ah!!" So anyways, last Wednesday night I drove up to Beaufort with Abby, one of Mandy's best friends. I had a lovely sleep in her old bedroom, and then the next morning we headed out at 6:50 am to catch Mandy, Cara, and Moo's dad at the gas station to drive to St. Louis. We drove up to the train station, and found that the train was delayed by two hours. So we got to visit Union Station and sit at Starbucks for a while. We went back and hung out, waiting for the train. Next up we had a 5-6 hour long train ride and arrived in Chicago at around 6 p.m. I got to eat lunch with Mandy on the train and listen to music and talk to Mandy about her decorations and stuff and read some homework and it was great. When we got to the train station we were heading out and Mandy heard some live music playing so we moved in that direction and watched a band of two guys play some great songs, including, "Last Dance with Mary Jane" and "Ticket to Ride." That was superb! The lead guy even played the harmonica with the Tom Petty song. We waited outside for Joel 's(Mandy's fiance {at the time!}) mom and sister and when we got in the car the first thing his mom said was, "Could you please take off your hat or wear it forward...I don't wanna get shot." Turns out my wearing my hat to the side is a gang sign. He he! I thought it might be but dismissed that thought as me being stupid. I will continue this later!
Monday, September 22, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment