There's something really humbling about being sick. Everyone is so NICE and stuff. Kristin got me some water and made me some soooop yesterday, and everybody's like,"Get well soon," with a look of empathy on their face. But I like it. It helps me realize I can't do everything by myself, I'm not superwoman like I think I am sometimes. Wow! I have so many things to do too. I don't know how I am gonna get them all done. I went to the doctor today at Taylor; boy, was that a dumb experience. I couldn't understand half of what the doctor said, and then he brought attention to this little zit I have at the bottom of my chin two times. I'm sittin' there thinkin, "What does that have to do with my strep throat or whatever I have?" And he didn't even tell me what it is I've got! Just asked me if I've had mono before, or strep throat. Okay?!!! My sister made me go there though. She called me and asked if I had taken anything and then demanded the number for the nearest clinic so that she could get me an appointment. I have to call the Bee and Ski Shack and let 'em know I'm not comin' in tomorrow. I have a doctor's note! I don't care. I'm takin' a risk and puttin' in my two weeks notice on Sunday at the Bee. EEEK!
Wow, Jesus is so nice. So I had a little breakdown on Wed. night, and who other than Jesus Himself came over to comfort me, in the form of Charity VanGilder. It's amazing how God can speak through others if we let Him. And I got a call from my lovely Lacy last night, but unfortunately couldn't call her back since I have no card or anything, but she said she missed me and man did that make me feel nice. :) I watched some of Peter Pan last night and forgot how funny it was. I laugh so much at cartoons now. When I was little I remember I just kinda sat there staring at the tv cause watching cartoons was what kids like me did. But I didn't get it. Now I laugh heartily at such programs as The PowerPuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Spongebob Squarepants, and Disney movies when I actually watch tv. There are a couple of lovely ladies in this lab speaking some French in a dialect I can't grasp. But it's definitely French. I hope I did alright on my test Wed. I skipped this morning to sleep. Well, I gotta call the workplaces and stuff, so till next time, Au revoir! French is fun!!!
"Eat tomatoes!!!"~Kristin's new phrase and the name of my Ultimate Frisbee team this year
Emperor's New Groove quote of the what?!:
"Uh...he doesn't really want to talk to you..."~Kronk referring to his squirrel pal
Friday, March 07, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment