Monday, February 17, 2003

So, what a strange weekend. Friday Kristin surprised me with a Valentine's Day Special! We went to Krispy Kreme and got ourselves some goodies, and then she took me to get a new pair of goggles so I can start up swimmin' again! My eye sockets aren't used to the Swedish goggles any more (no padding around the goggle, just goggle plastic right up against face). Now I just need to get some Vaseline to smear on my chin to protect the weird rash from the chlorine. Yeah!!! So that was cool. She gave me the change so that I could clean my work clothes. I went to work and Amasa gave me a ride home and got me a soft, pink frog for V-day since I told him that I have never really gotten anything. But then I remembered that a couple of years ago Andy got me this cool race car with little candies in it, and that counted. :) I'm lame. But I love the frog. I hung out a bit but got tired and went home, and talked to Paul at the front desk before I went to bed. The next morning I had amazing stomach aches, so I called in to Ski Shack and they were so cool,"Yeah, it's fine! Just feel better!" I was glad I did that because I got an important call from Lacy and we talked for four hours. Yeah, four hours! The first couple of hours was about serious, God-stuff, then the second was about simply stuff. I don't know what I did before work but then I went to work and closed. I saw Paul leavin' the desk right as I got dropped off and ran to catch him. We talked for a while and then I went to bed, excited about church the next mornin'. Nope. I overslept, waking up to a telephone call from Andrew. 10:08am. "Ah!!! Is Dana there yet? She's supposed to pick me up there at 10:10!" "Nope." "Well, have her pick me up at Wells, I'll be down there!" I frantically got dressed in five minutes and went down. No one showed. I went back up to my room to see if someone had called, but alas, they hadn't. So I went back down and waited for another 45 minutes. That's how bad I wanted to go to church folks. I found out later that Dana had showed up really late after everyone had left, and hadn't tread far enough into the house to see the note on the floor that said,"Pick Nicholette up at Wells." Man!!! So I was poopy to Paul and then went up to my room and tried to have church up there. I basically just played somme geetar and worshipped a bit, but was too frustrated to really get into it. I read the Bible a bit and then went to lunch with Karissa. We then went to the Scotland meeting and I'm doin' really well. Unfortunately, Karissa wasn't able to get enough funds to go, so we had to let her off the team. That made my day much worse. :( After the meeting, Charity offered me a ride to work, but first she was gonna visit Jerod, so I gladly accepted the offer. When I got to work, I was asked if I wanted to leave early and not close by the other hostess, and finally I said yeah cause I wanted to maybe start my paper that was miraculously extended to be due on this Wednesday. But then the S.A. didn't show up, so she had to bus tables cause I wouldn't cause of my back, and I ended up closing anyways. I got home and talked to Paul again. It was funny tho. I fell asleep pretty quick-like and then cleaned some stuff up this morning and hung up my posters in my newly arranged room. It's so much cleaner now. Now I've gotta go upstairs and get a magazine or somethin' for the bus ride to Ski Shack. Check ya'lls later and pray for me cause I've definitely been outta touch lately.

No comments: