Friday, February 21, 2003

Hmmmm...my dad just called me, panicking because of the fire in a club in Rhode Island and at an oil refinery on Staten Island, asking me if it was Armageddon or something. I told him no, I don't think so, but it did get me thinkin'.

Last night at XA, Noble Bowman spoke and wow!, was it good. One of the coolest things he used to describe something we do with God all the time was an example from his son, Landon. Landon's grandpa always gives him some money, and the other day, he wanted to give him a $100 bill to put in his piggy bank instead of the $10 that he had given him a couple day's earlier. But Landon just clung to the $10 bill, saying, "No! No!" He's 19 months old. The point was that he was clinging so tightly to what he had, he wouldn't let his grandpa give him something better. Boy, did that hit home. "How often are we clinging to our own dreams so tightly that we don't even let God have a chance to give us His plan for us?," Noble asked. I got to hang out after XA last night for the first time in a few weeks. I had a blast. I ate some stuff late and drank about 2 and a half cups of pop, something my stomach was hating me for ALL NIGHT LONG. When I got home I saw that my sister had called. So I dialed her up collect and waited for her return. She and I talked 'til 2:45 a.m. It was so good to talk to her. She grounds me. And she makes me snort a lot, especially when I am trying to laugh quietly at her raging antics out in my dorm hallway. And, yes, it is secured that I will be her maid of honor, and she also wants me to play my guitar and sing a song at her wedding! She was so ecstatic about that, and it made me feel so good. I already know what song I am gonna play, it's called "Forever and for Always" by Shania Twain; it's just perfect.I think of her and her fiance and also my dad every time I hear it. I am so thankful that God has restored our relationship. And my relationship with my dad is better than ever too. God is so good!

I am so excited for Spring Retreat. I had so much fun at Fall Retreat, and more of my girls in my small group are coming. It will be a great break and I am sure Jesus will break through some stuff in me purty hard like he usually does.

"24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[8] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16

Methinks I wanna put this verse above my bed so I can think about who I am living my life for......

I'm checkin' out to play some racquetball with Kristin, then, perhaps, some frisbee. Then work. Blech!

"He was a foremost thug...a thug of the first order."~My Geo teacher referring to Andrew Jackson lol

No comments: