I realized yesterday that I forgot to tell another story about the grapes.....but I figured you were all probably tired of hearing about them anyways. Well! Today I spent about five minutes at Career Day here in Glass Hall. It's just not my thing to get all dressed up and go around and talk to people whose companies I don't give a crappety-crap crap about. (Sorry, I went into Strong Bad mode there). He he. Today in my Outdoor Education class we had a guest speaker who talked to us about the state parks and stuff like that, and I actually enjoyed it. We learned about being a state park superintendant, where you live at the park in provided house and get utilities paid and all kinds of crazy stuff happens cause you take care of the campsites. You start out at $22,000, and you move around a bit. He asked how many of us would like to start out doing that and move around after 2 years and me and one other guy raised our hands. I think it would be pretty fun. I honestly still have no clue what I am doing when I get outta here but I am getting more options opened up, and they all seem great and have to do with my one of my favorite things in the world--the outdoors! I am gettin' so excited about my first backpacking trip that is coming up after this weekend. It should be great.
My neck and arm is really sore from that little accident I had on the board the other day. But its feelin' better. I am going to be getting my new bike next Monday!! YESS!!! I am stoked about that. Can't wait. Okay I don't have anything else to talk about right now, maybe I will write more later. Finish it up a bit.
till then ta ta
Okay well I am back. With some air in my lungs and some quotes in my soul to give out. I have three. Okay, I just had my first Ultimate game! And my team (we lost, I think, 13-1! or more. Yeah, though we scored the first point. Found out later that these guys play every single week on Thurs. nights till like 1 or something.) did great!!!! They rocked my world. Some awesome catches. And my pal Eric kept the spirits up throughout the game. And we had four girls, so we all (us girls) got to get some practice in. Normally, guys don't throw to girls--EVER. Tonight, however, they had no choice. AND WE DIDN'T LOSE JUST BECAUSE WE HAD SO MANY GIRLS OKAY!!!! So don't EVEN think that to yourselves, you members of the male species. Yeah, so, now that that's out of me......
Yeah, I had to go BACK to Career Day cause my pal Karissa showed up on my way back to my dorm. I got nervous and went into the lab to hibernate and hide from all the suits. It was scary. And I noticed that when girls get all dressed up and wear those heels, ya know? they seem to walk faster. Cause you can hear 'em walkin' over like a mile away. And it's like,"Clock, clock, clock, clock, clock!!!" really fast-like. Weird. And they all look really serious. But I saw one girl jazzin' it up with a white pinstriped suit-dress thing so that was NEAT. Okay I am really sweaty so I need to get cleaned up.
"NO! Death, dying, remains, grief....grief, remains....."--Kristin, telling me about this poem that I thought was about someone leaving but was actually about someone's death.
"No, no, they're already dead."--Kristin just now when I was writing 'dying' instead of 'death.'
"....like those curb dogs...."--Joe Zickafoose, last week at Chi Alpha trying to describe skater kids.
"Down with Christian bubbles!!!! Up with............no bubbles?"--Sarah and Rachel at leadership tonight
"How about.........gun racks on every car?"--Jerod, trying to come up with what we as a generation of leaders want to pursue this year
Emperor's New Groove quote of the day:
"I'm not going to drop it, you FOOL! I'm going to DRINK it! And after I turn back into my beautiful self, I'm going to KILL you!!!!!"--Yzma as kitten
Tuesday, October 01, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment