I got my new bike yesterday! A Trek 4100--nice... I got to ride it to work and back last night and boy did that feel good. I walked over to A&B with Nicole yesterday and they were like,"We just got it in." So I rollerbladed back at 4 and waited. They brought it out around 4:15. "How's that?" I smiled nicely, said it looked great, and then, "So, could I get my flat bars on it and some clips?" "Oh! Darn it!!! ....and I just put it together." I was like,"Uh, well, I told you guys like, three times--sorry!" So I was about half an hour late for work. It was such a nice ride. It handles so well, the brakes work great, the shocks actually move up and down when I do things that usually make them do that....yeah. I feel like Mandy, it's just my new transportation is a bike, not a car. (She just bought herself a new car, a Saturn, the other day). My friends at work were all happy for me, but I got the question,"Why don't you just get a car?", of course. Hmmm, let's see. Do I want to get out of debt? Yes. Will buying a car help me in that in any way, shape, or form? No. My mom offered to get me one, and I was like,"Okay, thanks for the insurance, maintenance, gas, and who knows what else will have to come along with that." No thanks. Riding a bike has been virtually free for me compared to having a car for the past four years. I have no need. Sure, sometimes I reallly, really, wish I had a car, but then I suck it up and get a ride or just hop on and ride to work. No big deal. I got a new helmet too; I like it lots.
I really shouldn't be writing on here; I have so many little things to do today. Blech! And I have got a test tomorrow that I haven't studied for at all yet. Man. I got a 70 on the last one.
My Ultimate team has another game tonight, should be pretty exciting. Still am trying to gather folks to come out and play. I think it will work out.
"Then you've got someone who comes out with one from K-Mart with go-carts on it, or a jelly-monster or somethin'...."--My Rec 311 teacher, describing different people's sleeping bags
Emperor's New Groove quote of the day:
".....whaaaa?!--how long has that been there?"--Kuzco spotting spinach in Yzma's teeth
Tuesday, October 08, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment