Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lately I have been reading a lot of magazines...breastfeeding creates a lot of time to think and/or read. And all I can think is how badly I someday want to own my own teahouse/bakery or bed and breakfast. Ross and I talk about that a lot...how we want to do that when we retire or grow old. He always lets me know my cooking that qualifies for our future B&B. How I want it to be a tiny little cozy place. Somewhere along the way for travelers from far away and a haven for locals. I almost feel like I am losing every other dream to this one, because every time I read about someone who owns and runs such a place, I'm filled with extreme jealousy! Why do they get to live that out, and not me? I try to remind myself of the hard work...especially as I learn as much as I can on my own of the "pastry arts"--working out a pie crust, trying to get it just right, is hard enough in my little kitchen, for one single pie! I remember the stress and hustle and bustle of working in food. And I think to myself, "Would I be up for getting up that early every morning just to make a bunch of croissants and scones?" But, I feel that as long as the location is right, and as long as I can get the training I need and have money to decorate and create as I want...I would love it.

No comments: