Being able to confess and repent to God is huge. It's a big deal.
Being able to suck it up and apologize to another human being, especially a non-believing one, is another deal. It takes humility. It sucks up your pride. It makes you feel small and sad. But I think that it teaches us so much about God and forgiving ourselves and having confidence in the fact that God Himself has forgiven us and loves us, and we will answer to Him, not the other person we harmed, in the end. It reminds us that everything we thought or uttered will be showcased someday. It reminds us that when we bow down at His feet, we will all be sinners. Every one of us. And then the time will come for some of us to go home, and some of us to go to the place that we all deserve for our sin. And Jesus will be the Judge of that.
Quote of the day:"One of the smarter dumb movies I've seen in a while..." A.O. Scott, about the movie I, Robot.
Friday, August 06, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicholette, Nicholette! Hey! I miss you!
The lettuce is on fire and we need a clean-up on aisle nine.
Betcha don't have a clue who this is. :-D
Post a Comment